1. mild weather. sometimes haha. because we live in virginia, we can never predict the weather. BUT sometimes there’s a good spell of calm and wonderful weather. not too hot or too cold. JUST RIGHT (i sound like goldilocks! hehe). it can be a beautiful thing!
2. the smell. maybe it’s just me, but when fall comes around there is a certain SMELL. it’s crisp. i LOVE it! brings back a lot of good memories! plus, it gets me excited because then it reminds me that lots of fun festivities are on their way! 🙂
3. scarves. i love love LOVE my scarves. they’re all so pretty and cozy! plus, keep me extra warm when i’m on the playground with the kiddies! 🙂
4. caramel apple spice drinks from starbucks. mmm mmm mmm!!! so yummy! i have yet to have one, though, so that needs to change! 😉
5. fall crafts at school. we just made these super cute tissue paper leaves and they are adorable! my class is also planning on making these q-tip skeletons as well as some other festive crafts! so fun!!!
6. crunchy leaves. maybe it’s because i work with 3-year-old kids and maybe it’s because i’m just me. haha. but i LOVE stepping on crunchy leaves and YES i go out of my way to step on them! i get super disappointed when they’re too flimsy or wet haha.
7. michie’s tavern. this place is amazing! it’s a colonial-styled tavern with uh-maze-ing food!!! seriously, it’s right down the road from carter’s mountain and is totally worth it! 🙂
8. fall tv shows. i’ve said it before and i’ll say it again, i LOVE my shows! i’m so happy to have something fun to watch on tv while i edit my photos!
9. snuggle buddies. cooler weather means snuggly pets! yay for fend and soop being cuddly! i went up to bed last night and fend was already snuggled in! too perfect!
10. comfort food. this is probably why i need to diet because i look forward to fall recipes so much haha. can’t wait for my mom’s famous crockpot chili and veggie soup! yummy
11. pretty colors. i love taking a nice long drive when the leaves start to change. absolutely beautiful! when i went to richard bland, the drive down the back roads to class was gorgeous. there was one road where the trees almost arched towards each other and formed a golden bridge! ahhhh!!! i miss it!
12. fall fashion. boots. scarves (as mentioned in above). tights. sweaters. mustard yellow. magenta purple. emerald green. love. love. LOVE!
13. holidays. halloween – dressing up. thanksgiving – FOOD and family time. black friday – shopping with my twinkie and my sisters. three of my favorite things. okay, maybe the last one isn’t TECHNICALLY a holiday, but it is in my book! 😉