wow! i cannot believe the month of october is almost finished! i know i say this a lot, but it’s crazy how many things can happen in ONE month! my dad had his birthday, i moved out, frankenstorm is happening (as i type), AND i got my first professional lens!!! 🙂 it was worth the investment and i know it will be a wonderful addition to my photography family! 😉
i know this month has one more day, but i’m saving tomorrow’s post for something halloween-related. 😉 so here is this week’s mid-week montage a FULL day earlier. wow! that’s a first for me. i’m really bad at doing things early. they don’t call me “late link” for nothin’! 😉
here’s what’s been going on with me this week!
- i had my first taste of taking newborn pictures! they weren’t really posed, just natural, but i STILL loved taking them. i just loved seeing the happy moments between the family. the excited big sister and brother, the beaming mom, and proud dad. it was such a blessing and i’m so glad i got to be a part of it. be on the look out for their shoot!
- i moved out! yeah. legit. my old room is completely empty and echos whenever i come back to visit. it’s so lonely. 🙁
- the good thing is that i am living with an awesome family! they have been so amazing to me and i know it’s a great step that i need to take! 🙂
- after moving out, i moved my stuff up THREE flights of stairs (with the help of my awesome pastor and youth pastor), and my calf muscles KILLED me! haha. it STILL hurts a little bit to walk up steps now haha.
- i got to test out my lens with a full family shoot this weekend and it was AWESOME!!!! and justin helped entertain the family as well. he even climbed in a tree to get a good shot. 😉
- thanks to hurricane sandy i finally caught up on season three of the vampire diaries. now i just have to watch the first three episodes of this season and i’ll be good! 🙂
- another good side to sandy is that she brought amanda home! yay for sister bonding time! now if only alexi were here, we’d be complete. she’s battling a snow warning right now. gotta love VA weather.
- the goodie grab through our preschool was so much fun! i got to see all of my kiddies dressed up and load them up with candy! they all had the cutest costumes!!! tomorrow was supposed to be their halloween party, but that won’t be happening now. boo! 😛
what’s up next:
- unpacking my new place and making it feel like home. right now it’s a bold blue color and i would LOVE to paint it a fun/bright color. maybe coral?! we shall see! 😉
- lots of changes are still happening with my family and i am ready for everything to be settled. hopefully november will be the month that happens. the in-between sucks haha.
- i have a small break in sessions which means more time for editing! i would love to have a few more sessions, though to finish out the year. it would be a wonderful Christmas gift for me! 🙂
- tomorrow’s halloween! i LOVE dressing up!!!
- guess what happens in the month of november? THE katelyn jame’s workshop experience!!!!! EEEEPPPP!!!!!!!! 🙂
- i’m hoping that once i get settled in my new home that i can get back to a steady exercise routine. we ALL know this girl loves her holiday treats. i don’t wanna look like a stuffed turkey! 😉
what big plans do YOU have coming up?! i would LOVE to hear about them! 🙂 have an awesome day and stay safe and dry from sandy!