today marks the first day of my 24th year. hey now! when did this happen? i’m not still 18?! what is this mess? seriously, almost a quarter of a century has passed in my life! what have i done with it? i feel like i haven’t done HALF the stuff i thought i was going to accomplish by this point. if you would have talked to me when i was 16 i would have told you i’d be married by now, maybe have a kid, and a comfortable job working 9-5. but hey! i’m not in control of my life. God has a greater plan (still trying to figure that whole part out haha) and He is in control. so i’m embracing this crazy life i have (good and the bad) and going with the flow. so here’s to 24 and that it’s a little less crazy than 23, but still an awesome adventure! haha. yeah, that sounds good! 😉
so in honor of my 24th birthday here are 24 (useless, weird, fun, crazy, odd) facts:psssttt!!! if you choose not to read them, you can always scroll to the bottom to find out the winner from yesterday’s giveaway AND checkout what today’s giveaway is!!! 😉
1. i love to eat breakfast for dinner!!!
2. purple is still my FAVORITE color, but i also love hot pink, bright blue, coral, turquoise, bright yellow, mustard, and neon green! it’s hard to choose! haha.
3. i drink sweet tea more than the average person!
4. i love watching the nanny on nick@nite!
5. my night owl tendencies tend to keep me up WAY past my bedtime and make me so sleepy in the morning!
6. i like captain crunch cereal, but after eating it the roof of my mouth always feels weird. am i the only one?
7. i LOVEEEEE getting a pedicure!!! i can paint my own toes, but they never look as good!
8. i’m kinda obsessed with christopher nolan’s batman! GAH!!! christian bale, heath ledger (may he rest in peace), anne hathaway! my favorite batman series yet!
9. breakfast club is still one of my favorite movies. the music. the cast. the stories. what can i say? i’m a product of the 80s. 🙂
10. speaking of the 80s i LOVEEE 80’s music so so much!
11. i’m addicted to chick-fil-a sauce. i can almost guarantee their is crack in it!
12. the first movie i ever saw in theaters was thumbelina! does anyone remember it?
13. i love my kids at school (even though they drive me crazy sometimes) more than anything in the world!
14. i’d rather be barefoot than wearing my favorite pair of shoes!
15. my favorite place to read is on the beach with the sun on my back and my toes in the water.
16. peanut butter and dark chocolate is basically the best combination ever.
17. i’ve seen every episode of friends 13850934725 times and it STILL makes me laugh every time!
18. i think corny jokes can be pretty funny!
19. i can tend to be a goofball! i used to (probably still would – just haven’t recently) put underwear over top my clothes and dance around the house in them to QUEEN and make my family laugh. yes. good times! 😉
20. i have ridden on top of an elephant before at a renaissance fair!
21. i perform a full out concert just about every time i take a shower.
22. speaking of singing, i LOVE to sing all the wrong words (apparently) to my favorite songs! i can’t help it if i feel they should be interpreted a little differently! 😉
23. my favorite holiday is july 4th because i LOVEEEEE fireworks!
24. i secretly wish i were a pirate. well, a pirate with johnny depp as my captain. yeah, that works! 😉
thanks for reading those random facts. maybe you feel the same about some of them and we can bond and be best friends! haha or not! 😛
as promised, here is the randomly-selected winner of the $25 target giftcard: AMYYY!!! congrats, girl!!! 🙂
SOOOO today’s giveaway is extra special because my facebook page also reached 1,000 fans!!! SO THANKFUL!!! in honor of that awesome milestone, i would LOVEEEE to give away a PHOTO SESSION!!!!!!!!
the time to enter for this giveaway will be a little bit longer! the winner will be announced on monday, so that gives you today, saturday, and sunday to spread the word!
here’s how to enter:
1. comment on the blog post about what type of shoot you want done, if you were to win (family, portraits, styled, couple, etc.) *no weddings or engagement sessions*
2. share this post with EVERYONE you know, tweet it, fb it, snail mail it, whatever!!! spread the word so lots of people can have a chance to win a fun session!
3. friend me on facebook and tag me in a post so i know you’ve shared the link and that earns you an extra entry!
YAYYY!!! this is going to be so much fun! 🙂
i hope everyone has a fabulous day! go do something fun and pretend it’s YOUR birthday! 😉
I’m not anywhere near you for a photo session so I just want to wish you a very Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday and have a great day 🙂
Me!?! Girl- i tell you all the time, but can never say it enough…you rock! Happiest of birthdays to you, sweet friend!
(I’d for sure want kiddo pictures… but I’m sure I won’t win twice.) Love you!!
Numbers 8 & 9 are yet another reason why we’re soulmates! Happy birthday, girl! xoxo
Family/Newborn Session 🙂
If I were to win I would want the shoot I have been dying for since my 30th birthday last year when I had my Awesome 80’s birthday party! I am also a product of the 80’s and a 80’s nut of music and the 80’s in general. I beg my friends to go see the Legwarmers at the National whenever they come. I would want a personal shoot 80’s stlye! Bright colors and clothes and maybe lots of RED BALLOONS, lol!
happy birthday!!! if i was to win it would be a hard choice for me to choose between a family session with my sister and her three girls,which i love dearly or my best friends with whom i never get to see because they visit so little by living in va beach
i really enjoy your work and look forward to seeing more in the future. I love to take pictures, but more important make memories
thank you for this opportunity, i would like to win <3
Ashley, I LOVE this post! So many of them, i feel the same way! I always do #22 and my friends hate it! But I love it! It made me smile this morning! 🙂 I hope you had a great birthday!
I already have multiple sessions set up with you but I LoVE your work so another couldn’t hurt :). So I assume they would be couple/ family shots, if I won :). Maybe we could do a sibling session for my parents!
Happy (slightly late) Birthday!!! If I were to win I’d love a personal session in my graduation cap and gown and then some in some UVA gear maybe some with my family too! 🙂
Would love a maternity or newborn session with you, Ashley!!!
PS – The roof of my mouth ALWAYS feels weird after eating cereal or toast. Thought I was the only one 🙂
I would love to have another family session with you. You did such a fabulous job the last time. You have inspired us to take more and more pictures. You are truly and Godly woman and I love your spirit. P.s. I love 80’s movies too and Molly Ringwald is the BEST!!!! Captain Crunch Berries make the roof of my mouth feel almost “soggy”. We have pretty much the same list with the exception of the elephant ride…would so love to do this. Have a great birthday sweetie…
A family session this summer when son and new daughter in law are home from Korea for a visit!!
Hope you had a wonderful birthday! I would do a “senior” photo shoot with my best friend to celebrate our friendship/college graduation.
Happy birthday!! If I were to win, I would love to have a family session done, it’s been entirely too long since we have had them done. I believe Gracelynn was 1year old, and she is now 6!
Would love a family session! You rocked Janice and Kevin’s wedding! Would love to have an experience like that 🙂
Happy Birthday!!! I want family pics!
I totally agree with you on the barefoot thing 🙂 Most of the time while I am at work, I take off my shoes. My boss has come to my cubicle multiple times unexpectedly and I’ve had to awkwardly scramble to get my shoes back on! … oops!
Anyway, I would love to enter your giveaway. I think if I won, I would either choose to do a couple session with my handsome fiance or a headshot session to bring a little flare to my photography business 🙂 Happy Birthday Ashley!
Happy Birthday-belated 🙂
I would want a family session 🙂
I would love a couples session with my amazing husband! We not opened up our own business in the last year and we never get time to so something for ourselves, it’s always about the kids when we have free time! We’ve also never had any done together other then our wedding! You’re an amazing photographer and I hope to be in front of our camera soon (:
Happy birthday!!!!! I love all your pictures and if I won I would LOVE to do a couple’s session with you before Oliver leaves for Army stuff! Or even a styled shoot! A military theme, fourth of july, or an old fashioned 50 theme maybe! Or all combined! That would be so cool! Keep up the awesome work and have a FANTASTIC day!!!
Hope you had a wonderful Birthday!! How nice of you to give away a photo shoot! You are an amazing photographer!
If I were lucky enough to win, I would probably want pics of my sister and I. Would make for a great mother’s day present 🙂
Love number 15&16! If I were to win I would love to get portraits done. I am not attending my college graduation, and would love some fabulous pictures of me and my beautiful campus.
I would love to win a couples session 🙂
Happy Birthday!!! I would want a couples session 🙂
Happy birthday!! I would love a family session! I haven’t had a family picture done since my son was born and need a new one with him included!!
I’m interested in the session. It’s for my wife really. She loves pictures, and she’s so busy taking care of our son and daughter and I saw her like this page or post or something. Please!? For my wife??
Mother’s Day Pics!! Maybe with me and my sister for my mom 🙂
I would absolutely love to have a family session done. I hope you had an fantastic birthday because you deserve it!!!! You are such an awesome person and I feel blessed to know and work with you.
I would love to do a family shoot 🙂 Have a Happy Birthday!!
Hi 🙂 if i were to win, I’d love love love to do a best friend shoot with my best friend who will be in town soon <3 🙂 I hope you had a fantastic birthday, by the way 🙂
Comments are closed.