so today’s installment is going to be a little different. since today is my 23rd birthday, i’m going to share with you 23 random things about me! 🙂 p.s. i totally can’t believe i’m 23. i still feel (and apparently look) 16. where has the time gone?
oh, and here are some slightly embarrassing photos of me on or celebrating my birthday. sorry for the poor quality. what can ya do with a picture of a picture? 😉
1. i write with my right hand, but i do a LOT of stuff with my left hand (ex. bat, cartwheels, play on the computer, etc…)
2. i am a pop-tart at heart! i love pop music! 80’s music is awesome because it’s so upbeat. of course the 90’s with britney and the backstreet boys have my heart. i also LOVE pop songs from today like “call me maybe” and “what makes you beautiful.” so catchy and so fun! i love it. totally can cheer me up, if i am having a bad day! 🙂
3. the simplest things can make me smile. (:
4. i LOVE kid movies. i always get a little too excited when i see a preview for another chipmunks’ movie! chances are, if a cute, kid-friendly movie is coming out, i’m gonna be watching it! 😉
5. i am absolutely terrible at singing along with songs. i THINK i know the right words, but they are definitely my own, made-up version. sometimes i feel they fit better that way or maybe that’s just me. 😉 haha. sorry for anyone i’ve subjected to my remixed song lyrics! 😉
6. i am easily amused. my friend amanda ruth and i are were entertained for quite some time the other night by the SILLIEST game i have ever seen. it was on my dad’s ipad. i think it was called “tap” or something similar. the goal of the game was to see how many times you could tap the screen in a certain amount of time. we played that thing for a while. i even worked up a sweat by how how into it got hahahaha. like i said, little things can entertain me. i guess hanging around 3-yr-old kids affects me more than i know. 😉
7. food is YUMMY! i could spend hours on pinterest looking up yummy recipes. there are too many delicious foods out there to pick a favorite, but mexican food would definitely be near the top of my list, if i had one. oh! and chick-fil-a! haha. yummm #1 with a sweet tea, please. i also like… quesadillas, macaroni ‘n’ cheese, ice cream, chicken, broccoli and cheese casserole, grilled zucchini, fried pickles, peanut butter brownies, YUM! the list could go on forever.
8. i am a tv junkie. i love my tv shows. ncis, gLee, vampire diaries, friends, antm, the voice, dancing with the stars, switched at birth, pretty little liars, big bang theory, the lying game, jersey shore, hannah montana, my wife and kids, george lopez, reba,… the list could go on forever!
9. i could eat cereal for every meal of the day. currently i am on a fruity-pebbles kick and before that i was on a cinnabon cereal kick haha. YUM!
10. i would love to have my own pet alpaca one day! i personally think they’re cuter than llamas because they wear pants! haha.
11. reading is my sweet escape. i am currently in the middle of a few books: “so long insecurity”, “the help”, “the bell jar”, and “blue like jazz”. i really need to stick with one a finish it, don’t i? haha. i’m having to resist adding “the hunger games” to that list haha. i wanna read it so badly!
12. sweet tea is my addiction. i probably keep mcdonald’s in business with all their $1 sweet teas that i buy (that’s a lot). 😉
13. this is my favorite number. i try not to believe in superstitions.
14. i would love to travel, but have barely even left the east coast. the farthest north i’ve gone is massachusetts. the farthest south is florida. the farthest west i’ve gone is alabama and the farthest east i’ve gone is the beach up and down the east coast. man, i really need to get out more! haha.
15. one of the biggest impacts on my life was my trip to the bowery mission in nyc. i’ll have to tell ya about it some time.
16. i can touch my tongue to my nose.
17. i can also wiggle my ears.
18. purple is my favorite color. i also like neon green, hot pink, turquoise, bright yellow and other fun colors haha.
19. my voice randomly changes to an accent every now and then haha. don’t ask me which one because it’s different every time.
20. without jesus i would be nothing. He is my reason for living. i don’t know how people live without Him.
21. make me laugh and you will always have a special place in my heart.
22. i would love to adopt whenever i get married and have a family. i love kiddies! 🙂
23. i have always had crazy dreams and hopes of who i wanted to be when i grew up. here are a few occupations i considered: first female president, baseball (not softball) player, magazine editor, model, actress, dance choreographer, counselor, farmer, and a dolphin trainer. go big or go home! 😉
i hope this day finds you well. if there is anything i can do for you, please let me know. if you just need someone to vent to or just need some prayer, i would love to help you out. 🙂
have a beautiful day 🙂
p.s. what are some of your favorite birthday memories? one of mine is that every few year my birthday will fall on the same day as easter! i love it! 🙂